Pivotal Moments with John Lam
Ep.10 The Wisdom of my guests: looking at my conversations with my first 9 guests through the lens of Change, Trying on the Job for Size, and Mistakes
Looking back at the interviews with my first 9 guests through the lens of Change, Trying the Job on for Size, and Mistakes.
Please send specific feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org and help me make the show better for you!
- What would you like to get out of this podcast series?
- What other questions would you like me to ask?
- What other guests would you like me to talk to?
Links to sections (with timestamps)
- Change: 01:34
- Changing from Academia to Industry: 01:46
- Changing from the Army Rangers to Microsoft: 03:02
- Changing from Bay Street to Microsoft Way: 04:36
- Changing from solving other peoples' problems to creating problems for other people to solve: 05:56
- Changing a role from PM to Developer: 09:12
- Moving from Windows to DevDiv: 12:08
- Change is the only constant: 16:17
- School doesn't always prepare you for the job: 23:34
- Learning on the job: 25:39
- Trying on the new job for size: 30:17
- A (somewhat) traditional Microsoft Internship: 30:54
- The value of a co-op program: trying many different jobs on for size: 32:30
- From an MBA to Data Science: 36:31
- On making mistakes: 40:18
- Conclusion: 48:07
Track: Lost In Medina — Amine Maxwell [Audio Library Release]
Music provided by Audio Library Plus
Free Download / Stream: https://alplus.io/lost-medina